Estate Planning and Probate
Estate planning is important for everyone.
The Firm advises clients on estate planning matters including Wills, Trusts, Financial Powers of Attorney, Advance Directives for Health Care, Revocable/Irrevocable Trusts, and Special Needs Trusts.
When dealing with the loss of a loved one, we are here to help families probate Wills and file for Letters of Administration in the event one dies intestate (without a Will). The Firm also represents beneficiaries, excluded heirs, and estates in Will contests and fiduciary lititagation.
The Firm also represents individuals petitioning to serve as guardians and conservators for their loved ones. And, the Firm assist families in adopting children.
A leader in the probate bar, the Firm's principal Adam Walters is frequently asked to teach continuing education classes in probate administration for attorneys and certified public accountants. He is also frequently asked by the Chatham County Probate Court to serve as an attorney for proposed wards and as a guardian ad litem for minors and incapacitated adults in probate matters. Adam is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and the Savannah Estate Planning Council. He is on the faculty of the National
* Powers of Attorney
* Advanced Directives for Health Care
* Revocable Trusts
* Irrevocable Trusts
* Special Needs Trusts
* Life Insurance Trusts
* Charitable Trusts
*Asset Protection and Business Planning
* Probate Administration and Litigation
* Letters of Administration
* Will Contest
* Medicaid Planning
* Long Term Care Planning
* VA Appeals
* Service as an attorney or guardian ad litem in over 140 probate matters, contested and uncontested.
* Developed over 120 estate plans, including Wills, Trusts, and Special Needs Trust, for clients.
* Obtained dismissal on behalf of proposed ward in Guardianship proceeding after contested hearing.
* Obtained dismissal on behalf of proposed ward in Guardianship proceeding after filing of motion to dismiss.
* Successful representation of Army veteran in appeal of denial of VA disability benefits resulting in 50% increase in rating and retroactive payments for 4 years.
For Estate Planning or Probate needs call Walters Law at (912) 897-4100.